UHRSC COVID-19 Operational Processes
PLEASE DO NOT COME TO THE RINK IF YOU ARE UNWELL
OCCUPANCY: While we are in level 2 there will be no individual training at the rink. Skaters may only be at the rink if they are under the supervision of an UHRSC Club Coach. The following guidelines will apply:
- Each coach may have a maximum of 10 persons at the rink in their bubble. This includes themselves, other skaters who are having lessons or are training, family and spectators. Please respect any decision that is made by our coaches and if you are asked to leave then please do so.
- Each coaches bubble must remain at least 1 meter from another coaches bubble. It will be up to the coaches at the rink to decide how they will manage the space to ensure that distancing requirements are met.
- ALL coaches will need to ensure that they have completed the calendar for all lessons so that other coaches and skaters can plan their training.
- During Patch Classes, the Patch Class Manager will be responsible for monitoring occupancy rates. Please respect any decision that is made at the time. If you have queries about a decision or about any of these guidelines please contact Megan Hawley (027 663 9292) or Tania Agnew (021 145 9937)
CONTACT TRACING: Everyone who enters the building will need to sign the contact register that is set up at the main desk. You must comply with the following procedure:
- Sanitize your hands with the sanitizer on the desk (or your own hand sanitizer)
- Fill in the register. You MUST include your full name, phone number and the date and time that you entered the building.
- Sanitize your hands again.
- When you leave the building please enter the time that you left into the register making sure to sanitize your hands before and after signing the register.
HYGIENE: We will be doing more cleaning and sanitizing of surfaces at the rink under level 2. The measures that we will be taking and that we will need club members to follow are:
- Bathrooms – If you use the bathroom you must clean the bathroom! There will be spray and wipes available for you to use.
- The main desk, rink rails, leaner desks, forms and chairs will be sprayed with disinfectant spray and wiped with disposable wipes throughout the day. During Patch Class the Patch Class Manager and Patch Class Coach will be responsible for sanitizing surfaces before and after each class. During other times, When a coaches bubble leaves the rink the coach in charge is responsible for cleaning all surfaces that their bubble have come in contact with. We will be removing much of the furniture at the rink to make the task of disinfecting surfaces less arduous.
- Sanitizing spray and disposable wipes will be available on the main desk. Once you have used them please dispose of the wipes in a rubbish bin and return the spray to it’s spot on the desk. If you notice that supplies of spray or wipes are getting low then please contact Liz (021 394 246) or Tania (021 145 9937).
- The Changing rooms and some of the bathroom stalls will be closed for the duration of level 2. This is to help manage the cleaning workload.
- The Kitchen will be open but we are asking all members to please only use it if ABSOLUTELY NECESSARY, and please thoroughly wash and dry all utensils, cups etc. that are used. If you use the kitchen you will also need to wipe down every surface that you have come into contact with.
- The Stereo system is only to be used by club coaches. After each use the buttons will need to be sanitized.
SOCIAL DISTANCING: Skaters, coaches and spectators are required to make their best endeavor to maintain a social distance of 2m. To assist with this there will be markings on forms and on the floor along the side of the rink as a visual cue. While skating and training it may be difficult to keep your distance, but please do your best.
We would like to request that skaters only bring one other person (spectator) to the rink with them. This is not the time to bring the whole family down to the rink.
We would also like to encourage parents of Patch Class skaters to wait in their cars while class is on.
PATCH CLASS: We have made the following changes to Patch Classes during level 2:
- Pre Patch and Patch Squad will not be offered during level 2
- Patch 1 will run from 5.30pm to 5.55pm
- Patch 2 will run from 6.00pm to 6.25pm
- Patch 3 will run from 6.30pm to 7.00pm
Saturday Patch Classes on a Saturday will resume at the usual time starting from the 23rd of May.